Venue (MAC, Chennai) - Fantasy Scope
Spinners bowling in Innings I (Rashid Khan, Noor Ahmad, Maheesh Theekshana, Ravindra Jadeja)
Death and slow ball specialists (Matheesha Pathirana, Mohit Sharma)
Quality players of spin bowling (Shubman Gill, Sai Sudharsan, Devon Conway, Shivam Dube)
Team - Fantasy Scope
Chennai Super Kings
- Mohammed Shami has previously tormented Devon Conway and Ruturaj Gaikwad, severely restricting their scoring capabilities. Chepauk, on the other hand, is not one of those decks that provides a lot of assistance to pacers up front. As a result, it is critical not to exaggerate his potential influence.
- Given that the opposition has two legspinners and how much he has struggled against the bowling type this season, Gaikwad is unlikely to find scoring easy in this fixture.
- The GT legspin pair will also be looking forward to facing Ajinkya Rahane, who has lost all of his wickets this season against slow bowling.
Cricmetric Stat Attack - In IPL 2023:
A Rahane vs Pace: Balls - 58, Runs - 137, Outs - 0, Avg/SR - NA/236
A Rahane vs Spin: Balls - 108, Runs - 145, Outs - 8, Avg/SR - 18/134
- Rahane also has a poor record at Chepauk, both this season and throughout his career.
A Rahane at Chepauk: Balls - 129, Runs - 156, Outs - 10, Avg/SR - 16/121
- Because of the reasons stated above, Shivam Dube is the second most appealing CSK batting option today, but keep in mind that Rashid Khan and Noor Ahmad at Chepauk may prove to be his toughest challenge yet in this tournament. And Noor is especially effective against left-handers.
Noor Ahmad in T20 cricket:
vs right-handers: 30 wickets at 37/7.4
vs left-handers: 17 wickets at 22/7.7
- Mohit Sharma's effectiveness at the death today will be determined by how often he bowls at MS Dhoni. The more he bowls against Dhoni, the more he is going to suffer, since Dhoni is not just in form but also relishes bashing slow ball specialists.
MS Dhoni vs Mohit Sharma in T20: Balls - 22, Runs - 47, Outs - 1
- In terms of their bowling unit, despite his fluctuating results, we have continued to trust Maheesh Theekshana throughout the competition. And we'll do it again unless we hear anything unusual at the toss today.
- Moeen Ali's fantasy potential will increase if Gujarat play Sai Sudharsan at No.3. Otherwise, it is likely he won't bowl much today, as GT will be fielding an entirely right-handed top 4.
- Matheesha Pathirana has 10 wickets in the last 5 games and will undoubtedly be the team's impact sub: pick him. At Chepauk, scoring against the Sri Lankan quick is particularly difficult.
- Wriddhiman Saha has struggled at Chepauk throughout his career, and he has also been dismissed frequently by right-arm pacers in this competition. As a result, he won't have much sway today. However, keep in mind that even if he only scores 20 runs, given the Titans' world-class spin combination, he may also get 15-20 keeping points, which might translate into a point of difference in fantasy.
W Saha at Chepauk in T20s: Balls - 163, Runs - 174, Avg/SR - 16/107
- It is not just Saha, but the entire GT top 4 doesn't enjoy batting at Chepauk.
S Gill at Chepauk in T20s: Balls - 58, Runs - 78, Avg/SR - 19/134
H Pandya at Chepauk in T20s: Balls - 74, Runs - 93, Avg/SR - 19/126
V Shankar at Chepauk in T20s: Balls - 64, Runs - 76, Avg/SR - 15/119
- However, you will also have to consider that Shubman Gill and Vijay Shankar are in their prime this season, and Hardik is potentially capable of delivering at this venue.
- It would be interesting to see whether the Titans bring back Sai Sudharsan into their lineup, since going into a game at Chepauk with four right-handers in the top four against Ravindra Jadeja would be suicidal. This is also why Jadeja is a top-tier C/VC candidate today, particularly if he bowls first.
Final Fantasy XI (Dream XI - Safeplay, employed by @Indianmourinho)
WK: D Conway, W Saha
BAT: R Gaikwad, S Gill, S Dube
AR: R Jadeja (C), H Pandya
BOWL: Rashid Khan (VC), N Ahmad, M Pathirana, M Theekshana
Final Fantasy XI (Dream XI - Nuclear)
WK: D Conway
BAT: R Gaikwad, S Gill (VC)
AR: R Jadeja, H Pandya
BOWL: Rashid Khan (C), N Ahmad, M Pathirana, M Theekshana, M Shami, D Chahar
- Wriddhiman Saha Under 0.5 sixes
- Batter Matches (Most Runs) - S Gill to win vs W Saha
- R Jadeja Over 32.5 Performance Points
- Highest Individual Score - Under 70.5 runs
In-play, post-toss, Q & A, Exchange22, Rario, Sixer calls and Investment Strategy: On the Premium Channel
For Predicted Playing XIs, Advanced Matchups, Fantasy Home, Venue Notes, BOD, BOM, and much more, please check: Covers Off CSK vs GT Pack